With hosting there are generally four key aspects you’re looking for — speed, stability, scalability and security. We ensure everything about our hosting infrastructure is optimised to deliver these by partnering best-of-breed hardware with a team of highly experienced engineers.
At SiteHost we take the utmost pride in operating our very own network. This means we are able to deliver you a more consistent hosting experience. Our network is powered by industry leading Cisco and Juniper network equipment, with redundant network connections to ensure a single fault should not result in downtime for our customers. Our network is designed to be as efficient as possible with direct interconnect with most major New Zealand network providers ensuring the shortest and fastest path possible reaching your server and website.
We currently utilise two colocation facilities in Auckland, New Zealand and one in Sydney, Australia. Doing this means that we can provide better services for you by making us more location neutral and helps ensure that you experience the uptime that your applications demand. Both of these facilities provide all the security and redundancy you would expect of somewhere housing your important data. Our equipment is monitored 24/7 by CCTV, and housed in individually locked cabinets behind several layers of physical security including biometric and RFID security systems ensuring equipment is only accessed by authorised engineers.
In order to keep our equipment running as smoothly as possible we only host in facilities with climate controlled environments and optimised airflow, which ensures optimal hardware performance and lifetime. We use redundant parallel UPS and auto-start backup generators with standby diesel to ensure a continuous supply of power to our cabinets and Redundant A+B Power Distribution Units (PDU) to ensure continuous power supply inside our cabinets. All of these measures combined help ensure that your servers remain running 24/7.
We always strive to use the best hardware available to us and we are constantly evaluating new technology. Our servers currently use the latest Intel processors, with RAID to ensure the maximum availability possible. We have out of band management configured for all components of our infrastructure ensuring any of our engineers can diagnose faults remotely, all this ensures less downtime for you.
If hardware fails or disaster strikes, backups are essential which is why we take such care in our backup processes. We back up all data that we possibly can in a secure, off-site location with a modern fire suppression system.
We also always have at least one engineer available on call in the event of an emergency. Our engineers have 24/7 access to all equipment housed in Auckland, New Zealand and remote power and console access to any equipment located offshore.
The Short Version
- Biometric & RFID security systems ensuring authorised access
- 24/7 camera monitoring of facility entrances and server rooms
- Multiple HVAC units produce a climate controlled environment and optimised airflow distribution for optimal hardware performance and lifetime
- Redundant parallel UPS and auto-start backup generator with standby diesel ensuring continuous supply of power
- Redundant A+B Power Distribution Units (PDU) ensuring continuous power supply inside cabinets
- Secure buildings with double layer concrete and steel mesh wall structure
- Standard 19"/1m deep individually locked cabinets
- Modern Fire detection & suppression system
- Exhaustive backup processes in off-site location
- Operate our own network and extensive peering
- Top of the line hardware with 24/7 engineer on call with access